Three Valleys Community Foundation is pleased to help qualified local organizations open a fiscal sponsorship fund. Doing so allows groups to operate as a 501(c)(3) organization under the umbrella and oversight of the Three Valleys Community Foundation (3VCF).
As fiscal sponsor, the Foundation becomes the umbrella tax-exempt organization able to receive charitable contributions for your cause, project or organization. Gifts may come from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Via 3VCF and our back-office partner, San Joaquin Community Foundation, we provide all administrative services for the fund. All fundraising materials should make clear, where applicable, that contributions being raised are on behalf of the Fund rather than by the Foundation. Any goods or services received by donors in exchange for contributions must be properly documented in accordance with IRS requirements. All gifts must be used for charitable purposes.
What services are provided?
- Acknowledgement/stewardship of all gifts
- Fund accounting, on-line access, and maintenance of all gift records
- IRS compliance and reporting requirements (IRS Form 1099s)
- Use of tax-exempt status to apply for grant funding (subject to Foundation approval)
Donations may be received both online and by check.
Checks should be made payable to “Three Valleys Community Foundation” and mailed to:
Three Valleys Community Foundation ATTN: (name of fund here)
5960 Inglewood Drive #201, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Current Fiscal Agency/Sponsorship Funds include:
- The Danville Chamber of Commerce
- The Livermore Valley Chamber of Commerce