Over the next several years, Three Valleys Community Foundation looks forward to issuing grants to support our tremendous nonprofit community. We also look forward to connecting nonprofit leaders with the philanthropic community to make a meaningful impact in the Tri-Valley.
Grantmaking is important. It’s one of the core areas where community foundations can assist local nonprofits. At Three Valleys Community Foundation, our goal is to inform donors of the needs and opportunities that exist in our region and to connect them with the nonprofits directly addressing the issues. We will also directly seek out grant opportunities from government and private funders to build collaborations and coalitions that deliver effective programs in our region.
Our goal is to issue our first grantmaking Request for Proposals (RFPs) in 2023 or 2024. Nonprofits can stay informed of these opportunities by joining our nonprofit directory. In the meantime, we invite you to review our eligibility criteria.
Grants may be made to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- 501c3 public charity status or fiscal sponsorship of your project by a 501c3 public charity. We recommend that all nonprofits create or update their profile on GuideStar, a database that many donors use to consider nonprofits for support.
- Your organization’s or project’s work must benefit Tri-Valley residents
3VCF is is not able consider grant requests for:
- Groups not complying with IRS filing requirements
- Political parties or candidates
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in their activities or operations
- Events or fundraisers
- Fundraising by one agency on behalf of another
- Travel for conferences, workshops or events outside of the Tri-Valley
- Groups or projects that confer goods and services, or other benefits, to the donor advisor in exchange for a grant