2023 Grant Opportunities
Thanks to the Power of Collaboration Campaign, Three Valleys Community Foundation plans to issue grants to local nonprofits addressing high priority community needs in 2023. We also look forward to connecting nonprofit leaders with the philanthropic community to make a meaningful impact in the Tri-Valley.
Grantmaking is important. It’s one of the core areas where community foundations can assist local nonprofits. In 2023, Three Valleys Community Foundation will launch our Power of Collaboration grantmaking process for nonprofits in our region. Specific fund areas will be identified in early 2023. Nonprofits can stay informed of these opportunities by joining our nonprofit directory. In the meantime, we invite you to review our eligibility criteria.
Grants may be made to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- 501c3 public charity status or fiscal sponsorship of your project by a 501c3 public charity. We recommend that all nonprofits create or update their profile on GuideStar, a database that many donors use to consider nonprofits for support.
- Your organization’s or project’s work must benefit residents in the greater Three Valleys (Amador, Livermore and San Ramon) region.
3VCF is not able to consider grant requests for:
- Groups not complying with IRS filing requirements
- Political parties or candidates
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in their activities or operations
- Events or fundraisers
- Fundraising by one agency on behalf of another
- Travel for conferences, workshops or events outside of the Tri-Valley
- Groups or projects that confer goods and services, or other benefits, to the donor advisor in exchange for a grant